When you send a camera to us for repair, please fill out and include this
It is in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader needed to open this form, it can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.
On the second page of the form is a mailing label to use on your box. Also, please:
- Call us or email us to let us know it’s coming and so we can talk about what happened that made you believe it needs fixing.
- Send only the equipment to be repaired. Do not send the camera case or unnecessary attachments, filters, flash units, etc.
- If possible, please remove any film in the camera.
- Use a sturdy oversized cardboard carton with room for at least two inches of padding around the entire camera.
- Pack it tightly so the camera doesn’t move around in the box. A good way is to wrap the camera in bubble wrap and then overfill the carton with styrofoam “popcorn”.
- Be sure to use a box that is in good condition. If the camera is damaged in shipping and you used a damaged old box, the insurance adjuster could claim it was packed improperly.
If you are unsure about how to pack your camera PLEASE take it to a shipping service and have them pack and ship the camera for you.